Back to St Michael's Church, Theydon Mount


Image Description

Sir Wm. OB 26th JANry 1777 AEtat 57 Near this Place lie Interr'd the Remains of the Revd Sr William Smyth Bart. Rector of this and Stapleford Tawney Parish, more than twenty two Years. He was a Student of Trinity Hall in Cambridge, And admitted to the Degree of L.L.B. in that University. He was the fifth Son of Sr Edward Smyth Bart. of Hill Hall to whose Title and Estates he Succeeded after the decease of his Brothers, Sr Edward and Sr Charles who both Died without Isue male. He marryed Abigail, Daughter of ANDREW WOOD Esqr, four of whom (Sr William, Elizabeth, Charles & Richard) are still living to lament with their disconsolate Mother, the very heavy loss of so good an Husbandm Father and Friend to whose endearing Memory Lady Smyth hath caused this monument to be erected August 1777. Honeste vizit neminem laesit suum cuique tribuit, [???] go Reader and do likewise. ABIGAIL his lady died the 28th? of February 1787. Aged 71?


Copyright 2017 - John Whitworth (www.essexchurches.info)

Essex Church ~ St Michael's Church ~ Theydon Mount Church ~ St Michael, Theydon Mount ~ wedding ~ christening ~ baptism ~ mass

Website by Ontime Development.