The West Tower was an addition to the church, made after the
Dissolution in 1556-8. It is a sign of the changeover from monastic to parochial
usage. The upper portion of the tower has been much restored in latter times,
and does nothing to complement the lower part.
Copyright 2018 - John Whitworth (www.essexchurches.info)
Essex Church ~ Holy Cross ~ Waltham Abbey Church ~ Holy Cross, Waltham Abbey ~ wedding ~ christening ~ baptism ~ mass
Website by Ontime Development.