ESSEX WEDDING VENUES
There are a huge variety of wedding venues available in Essex. From the grandest hall, to the smallest village hall, there will be something to suit you.
Some things to think about when looking at online wedding venues:
- some venues offer 'no room hire' events, and appealing flat rate 'per person' packages. However, these packages may be lacking canapés or reception drinks - and you may well find that this extra hidden charge is a little more than you might otherwise budget for.
- many venues offer cheaper room hire during the week. So you may find that a Wednesday wedding would be many thousands cheaper than a Saturday wedding.
- if you are booking for a year or more in advance, make sure you ask for price fixes, or check for future pricing. Some venues are rising by around 50% over the next two years.
- try to think early on, about special dietary requirements for your guests. In particular, you need to be aware of vegetarian and child requirements - will you serve the children a child's meal, or a smaller version of the adult's meal? And will very young children eat food brought from home?
- does the venue supply a DJ?
- does the price include a Toastmaster? You may not initially want one - but if it is free, then they can help a lot with the speeches etc.
- if you are getting a 'free' Toastmaster, then do you need to pay for another place at your main meal?
Copyright 2013 - John Whitworth (www.essexchurches.info)
Essex churches ~ medieval churches ~ Victorian churches ~ Southend-on-Sea ~ Chelmsford ~ Colchester ~ Thurrock ~ wedding ~ funeral ~ christening