Another springer on the S wall of the nave. Note the two different styles of arch on either side. The arch to the left is pointed, with angled shafter responds. To the right, the arch is altogether rather different. Both the arch and it's response are triple-chamfered, and are constructed entirely of brick. However, only the outer order uses Roman bricks. The inner orders appear to use home-made or imported bricks, yet the date is apparently no later than c.1300. According to Bettley's Buildings of England: Essex, these bricks are therefore amongst the earliest medieval ones in England.