This is the second St Mary's church to have stood in Mistley.
It replaced medieval church, having been consecrated in 1735.
The church was originally a plain, rectangular building, of
little note. It was, however, much altered, according to some major
architectural plans of Richard Rigby. He called in Robert Adam, who, in 1776,
set about making the desired changes to the church.
Copyright 2018 - John Whitworth (www.essexchurches.info)
Essex Church ~ St Mary (Old Church)'s Church ~ Mistley Church ~ St Mary (Old Church), Mistley ~ wedding ~ christening ~ baptism ~ mass
Website by Ontime Development.