Getting closer ...
The chapel was built shortly after St Cedd's arrival (AD 653),
down the east coast from Lindisfarne. Built as St Peter's Cathedral in AD 654,
it has had a varied life, seeing it used as a barn, and then finally being
restored for use as a chapel in 1920.
Copyright 2021 - John Whitworth (www.essexchurches.info)
Essex Church ~ St Peter-on-the-Wall's Church ~ Bradwell-juxta-Mare Church ~ St Peter-on-the-Wall, Bradwell-juxta-Mare ~ wedding ~ christening ~ baptism ~ mass
Website by Ontime Development.